Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I've Been Told

Rue at Abraca-Pocus tears a strip off me for my last post. Go have a look at her post and the comments section, where Curt makes some good comments.
Uh... I wanted to say something about the above-quoted author sounding like he would be happiest leading a Crusade against "progressive Catholics"... or, how his comment illustrates the 'I claim to follow all the rules and therefore am Holier Than Thou' attitude some Catholics have over other Catholics, or, his general hateful tone, but I'm still reeling from the OBVIOUS spelling error.

Dude, you're making Baby Jesus cry. It's Papam, and not Papum.

Thank you. The spelling howler has been corrected. (I failed grade nine because I failed Latin. My teacher warned me I'd need it one day.) As for the rest, my mini-apologia is in your comments section. I thank Curt at Northwestern Winds for springing to my defence.

One more thing though Rue. If you want to accuse folks of having a hateful tone, you really shouldn't post a photo of the new pope with a line above it saying,

Cardinal Joseph "Der Panzerkardinal" Ratzinger has been elected Pope.

I expect this is your sense of humour, but as I've learned very recently, humour is sometimes greatly misunderstood.

A new crusade? Hmmm. Now there's an idea. (.... See what I mean.)

3 Comments:

At 2:09 pm, April 20, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about the "Der Panzerkardinal" I often and wrongfully assume that everyone will 'get' the spirit in which it was written. However you did.

I admit that I am the self-appointed spelling police, and I really can't help myself!

Now I'll have to really keep tabs on you just in case you do decide that a 'Crusade' is in order so I can flee...

 
At 2:12 pm, April 20, 2005 , Blogger Kermit said...

I recommend this article to you concerning Il Papa, Benedict XVI. I believe he is the kind of man that I can cherish...

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=17772

Smilingly, at the Chapel in the Bog

Kermit

 
At 5:33 pm, April 20, 2005 , Blogger John the Mad said...

Rue:
You're safe. My days as a military officer are done.

Kermit:
Thanks for the tip.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home