Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Possibilities

It is the beginning of a New Year and as always we find ourselves at the beginning of new possibilities. I have been blogging now since November 14, 2004, less than two months. What an extra-ordinary experience it has been. One of the most rewarding things about placing my thoughts on the web has been the kind comments made by others who for one reason or another have enjoyed, or been moved, by a post.

I, too, have been moved by posts written by other bloggers, many of them in the Red Ensign Brigade. It is a doughty band of bloggers that I have joined. I make regular (daily) trips to Occam's Carbuncle, Babbling Brooks, the Last Amazon, Raging Kraut, Ghost of a Flea, and am finding new gold nuggets in blogs such as Northwest Winds, Strong and Free, Doxology and Paul Cella. (There are others, of course. Please don't be offended if you aren't named in dispatches today. They say anticipation is half the fun .....)

Thanks to this surfing, I don't feel like I have been transported to a parallel universe only vaguely resembling my world. The nicest internet compliment I've received is from Damian Brooks, who called me John the Quite Sane. I liked that one so much I nearly changed the name of my blog. Thanks Damian.

The nicest news I've heard in a long time is that Rebecca of Doxology and her husband Curt have received word that Rebecca's earlier marriage is being annulled. This will allow their marriage to be blessed in the Catholic Church and they will be able to receive communion shortly. I've never met them, but I'm filled with joy for them. It is the season of glad tidings.

2 Comments:

At 2:41 am, January 02, 2005 , Blogger Rebecca said...

Thank you so much, John - very appreciated. The paperwork still needs to get into my hands, signed, and then off to Ottawa for a final read. With a little luck and a lot of prayer, we might make it into the church by the Easter vigil (or before, if things go well!) Knowing that there are kind folks out there saying a few little prayers for us makes me feel pretty great. 2005 is looking pretty good so far!

 
At 10:30 am, January 06, 2005 , Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

You're welcome, John, but the compliment was well-deserved. I've only been blogging since the end of July 2004 - although I surfed for a few months prior to that - and one of the interesting things I've found is that blogging isn't something that requires massive amounts of specific blogging experience to do well. There are good 20-something bloggers out there who have been doing this for years (e.g. The Tiger In Winter), there are good 30-something bloggers who have been doing this for a few months (e.g. Jerry Aldini), and there are good 50-something bloggers who have been doing this for mere weeks (e.g. Strong and Free, John the Quite Sane).

The only common element seems to be that the blogger has to be able to think and express his or her thoughts clearly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home