Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day 2005

It is Fathers Day and the weather is perfect and life is good. I am a truly blessed man. I have a great wife and two great sons. They love me and I love them.

I now have a great apron and chef's hat to don when grilling on my new manly BBQ. My eldest son, Liam the Mad, took a photo and said with a grin, "Now I have proof that my dad is a goof." Lady Mad thought that line was hilarious. Indeed, it was.

Brendan the Mad and Liam both gave me hand-crafted Father's Day cards. Brendan's card opened up to reveal a picture of large furry bear with the caption that I was deserving of a big bear hug. The "fur" on the bear was made of glued on pencil shavings. He told me his grade one teacher saved the pencil shavings all year so they could make the cards. Now that is dedication. "I must admit it looks realistic," I said. Everywhere in this city dads are admiring pencil shaving fur bears. Trust me.

Liam's card had a poem he wrote for me. I'd post it, but I am told it is personal and is not to be revealed under pain of some mysterious plague infesting my arm pits. As I hate plague-ridden arm pits I shall comply with his wishes. Liam also made me lunch and mowed and whipper snipped the lawn, while Brendan and I played frisbee.

Of course, I cooked hamburgers for dinner on my new manly BBQ with its cast iron grills while giving the neighbours proof that this dad is a goof. I loved it, although Liam is recommending strongly that I not wear the outfit when his friends are over. I told him I would as that was the very best time to wear it. Lady Mad said she couldn't wait.

This is a good as it gets folks. Thank you Lord.

1 Comments:

At 8:26 pm, June 22, 2005 , Blogger Paul Cella said...

Sounds like an ideal Father's Day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home