Saturday, May 20, 2006

Da Vinci Code

I'm half way through the Da Vinci Code right now. It's a pretty badly written thriller that is replete with utter historical nonsense about the Catholic Church. Many Catholics and other Christians are upset with the novel and the movie (which I hear is boring to the max.)

Despite its anti-Catholic thesis, Catholic mobs have not descended on Hollywood to burn it to the ground. The producer and director have not been stabbed to death by an enraged Opus Dei flagellant. We Papists haven't even sprinkled Dan Brown with Holy water yet to make him explode in a puff of smoke, ...... though that may yet happen.

We'll survive this silly drivel. But many sad souls will believe it.

I heard from a Vatican mole within the Masons that Dan Brown has cloven feet and that there is a subliminal photograph of this woven into the dust cover of his novel. Nostradamus predicted in the 16th century Brown would pick his nose in public during a media interview this year.

Watch for it.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 am, May 22, 2006 , Blogger Kermit said...

I was less than thrilled with the thriller!

If I had handled the casting call for the movie, I would have been looking for the dramatic skills of Larry, Mo and Curly (ie. The Three Stooges). As it was they could only find a Bud Abbot ant Lou Costello team for the movie. I don't plan to see it.

The book was dopey enough. Maybe I'll finish it someday...

Kermit

 
At 1:30 pm, May 26, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back John. I have missed your droll commentary.
Bushman

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home