Thursday, February 10, 2005

Unconditional Love

Day two of Lent. Not too late to do something good for the duration.

My youngest son and heir, Master Brendan, said to me the other day that when he went to heaven he wanted to be six. That is his current age and I asked him what he meant and said I hoped he went to heaven when he was much older.

He smiled at me and said that was not what he meant. He meant he wanted to live to be old, but when he went to heaven he wanted God to make him six again, so that he and I could be together just like we were right then.

What a statement! His idea of heaven is being together with someone he loves. Not a bad definition. I am not deserving of my kids totally unconditional love, but I am very grateful for it.

Deo Gratias.

3 Comments:

At 10:38 am, February 11, 2005 , Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

If that doesn't choke you up, I don't know what will. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:51 am, February 11, 2005 , Blogger K. Shoshana said...

Me too. I cannot believe how incredibly lucky I am/was in my own children. Sounds like you scored too.

 
At 9:12 pm, February 11, 2005 , Blogger Temujin said...

I don't have any kids, but if I do manage to get some, I hope they are as honourable as your son is. Can't wait to see John the Mad Jr's weblog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home