Tuesday, December 13, 2005

We got that loving feeling.



Apparently the movie Brokeback Mountain is causing a stir in the main stream media because its plotline, set in the 1960s, involves a homosexual affair between two cowboys.

Regular readers of this blog will know how I feel about this sort of thing. I don't approve. In particular, I am a strong advocate of more conservative plotlines for cowboy movies. That same-sex loving feeling should never be introduced into westerns. Some things are much too important to fool around with like that. It's pushing the cinematic envelope too far. No sir. It is simply not credible. I say, keep the romance in western movies where it belongs.

Everyone knows a true cowboy loves his horse.

3 Comments:

At 5:02 am, December 14, 2005 , Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

I'll be amazed if this film is even shown in America (and by that I am not meaning San Fran, New York, and LA.)

 
At 8:06 am, December 14, 2005 , Blogger K. Shoshana said...

I'd be more amazed if anyone paid to see it outside of San Fan, New York, LA, Montreal & Toronto.

 
At 1:13 pm, December 15, 2005 , Blogger bob said...

It ain't in my neck of the woods, that's for sure.
My late grandfather, who loved Westerns, would be revolted by this thing.
However, the buzz is that this flick is going to win all kinds of awards... showing just how out of touch Hollyweird is with the rest of civilisation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home