Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Use your head this time

Well, after 17 months of grotesque spending by the Liberals, we Canadians are into a federal election, with a long campaign ahead. Friends and colleagues will soon be crossing the street to avoid contact with me, if they aren't already. This fact only proves that they are intelligent and wise.

I expect that John the Baptist evoked much the same reaction when he went about crying in the wilderness, and John the Baptist was much better connected to the truth of things than John the Mad. So I won't take offence if I spot you ducking into doorways and pulling your children off the street. .... truly. I'd duck too, if it would do me any good. But it won't. So I will drag my opinions about, like the great limp albatrosses they are.

"Make straight the ways of the electorate!" is catchy, but hardly the stuff
of biblical lore.

The question I have for friends and family here in Upper Canada is simple. "Do you have any pride as a citizen?" I'm not asking why you think Stephen Harper is scary. You don't know the answer to that question and I'm tired of asking. Similarly, I'm not going to ask just what you think is the Conservative HIDDEN AGENDA is because I have learned from the last election that that question only elicits grunting and groaning from otherwise educated and intelligent folks. So relax.

All I want to know this time around is whether you have any pride as a citizen. Because if you say you do and then vote for the re-election of the incumbent corrupt Liberals I will not believe you. I may be an obsessive political ranter, but my brain is still attached to my body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home