Marianne Screed Ward Doesn't Get It
(photo courtesy of Google Images)
Marianne Meed Ward doesn't get it. That is her claim and after reading her October 23rd screed Vatican on a Gay Hunt in the Toronto Sun, I agree with her.
- She certainly doesn't get the Church's teaching on sexuality. Not surprisingly then, she rejects the Church's doctrine on homosexuality as being objectively disordered.
- She doesn't get the Church?s discipline on celibacy for Latin rite priests.
- She doesn't get it that it is not, "enforced celibacy [that] is hurting the church immensely" It is unenforced celibacy that is the problem. It is a failure by some clergy to be celibate and chaste.
- She doesn't get the difference between the Protestant Christian belief in "sola scriptura," and the more venerable and ancient Catholic Christian belief in Scripture and Tradition as the source of doctrine.
- She doesn't get her obvious contradiction between using scripture as a defence for ordaining women on the grounds it is not explicitly forbidden and then ignoring scripture when it is explicit in depicting homosexual acts as grave depravity.
- She doesn't get the Catholic doctrine on the Magisterium (teaching authority of the Church on faith and morals).
- She doesn't get the Church's concern about homosexual clerics preying on adolescent males. She thinks we have a pedophilia problem (we don't) and an Episcopal problem (bishops shuffling predatory priests from parish to parish "we did" and may still in some liberal dioceses).
- She doesn't get that pedophilia is where an adult has an attraction to pre-pubescent children. That is not the problem in the Church. It has a homosexual predation problem.
- She doesn't get it that over 85% of the Church's sexual abuse cases in North America involve priests and post-pubescent young men. That ain't pedophilia and it ain't done by heterosexual priests. It's sexual predation by a number of homosexual priests.
- She doesn't get that it is "progressive" theology that causes church decline, not orthodoxy.
- She doesn't get doctrinal orthodoxy, period.
- She doesn't get it that there is only a priest shortage in Western countries that adopt liberal views on doctrine. The rest of the Church is doing fine in that regard.
- She doesn't get it that the "progressive" views she shares with so many are leading to a demographic catastrophe for the West. Thanks to the lies spread by the adherents to the cult of death, we aren't replicating.
- Marianne Screed Ward probably doesn't care. If the truth be known, she doesn't really appear to get it that she doesn't get it.