Friday, April 29, 2005

The Grit Fiscal Orgy Continues

I note from the Toronto Star (hat tip to Neale News) that the Liberal party bribing of Canadian citizens is proceeding apace.

SUSAN DELACOURT OTTAWA BUREAU CHIEF OTTAWA - The federal Conservatives are keeping a running tally of the gusher of new announcements coming from Prime Minister Paul Martin's government these days. As of last night, the Tories estimate, the Liberals have unleashed $6,237,378,024 in a bid to soothe an angry electorate. It's on the party's website, under the heading: "Paul Martin's
Non-Election Promises."
Of course, they're bribing us with our own money folks.

Equally upsetting (again from Neale News, plus my morning Mop & Pail) is the news that the bribery is working. Polls indicate that the Liberals have arrested their slide in popularity and are possibly regaining ground on the Conservatives.

Sigh. I have no words to describe my deep respect for my fellow voters.

Scandal, where is thy sting?

I won't be blogging this weekend as I'm on retreat with the Jesuits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home